PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hacker turns a/c
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2015, 18:40
Nialler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Sampublius:

PUUUHHLESE read the FBI warrant request posted several times

http://aptn.ca/news/wp-content/uploa...lectronics.pdf

granted these are allegations- but he ( hacker ) was specific about the In flight entertainment systems ( IFE). The ongoing argument is that such could not impact flight/cockpit controls. Even so hacking the IFE is a federal crime.

One could ask - then why- since he admitted it - isn't he in Jail now ?
PUUUHHLESE?

Don't treat me like a teenager. Just don't. I've been in the business which I occupy for more than thirty years.

Now please show me where in the whole litany of Due Process a search warrant is proof of guilt. Then you say that he "admitted it". Admitted or claimed? While you're turning his boast into an admission please specify the precise degree of the hack.

One good reason why he may not be in jail is because of the fact that he may be a BS artist who didn't manage in any way to do what he has claimed. The hacker community is full of BS artists. I've invited them to hack systems that they claim to have hacked. They couldn't.

It's that simple. There are several protections against brute force attacks. On the mainframes I've worked, enumeration (random scrolling for valis IDs) doesn't work. Three failed attempts blocks the IP address and the Logical Unit Address. Even with a valid ID, three failures does the same thing, though in some cases also blocks the entire subnet.

My clients have offered money to self-professed hackers to display their wares - they have never succeeded despite significant financial inducements.

It's the quiet ones which should be of concern.If they can really hack a system they'll keep it quiet and turn their technique into gold very quickly for fear that the entry point has been spotted.