PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The backlash against foreign pilots explained to foreign pilots
Old 17th May 2015, 15:15
Ejector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm quite sure that most of those guys really had no choice, they had to make the decision to go abroad to work just to feed the family. They have a legal licence to work in a foreign country, and are a needed profession. (Read up on that subject, there's tons of info out there.)

Exactly what I am saying, this is why there are foreign pilots in Canada.

I flew in there, till I realized how weak TC was. (It was kind of fun till it was bloody dangerous) I paid Canadian taxes, legally converted an ATPL, was given a work visa in 4 days and flew. It is Canadian law that allowed and pretty much invited me to do this, you see Canadian pilots did the opposite and worked in other countries, because they wanted to, yes they were displacing other locals, that's how the cookie crumbles, they also never broke the law. Whats the problem ?

Yes, I agree that some Canadian operators are expert airwork operators that are not taking local jobs. But most Canadians I know, are taking local jobs, but many of the pilots form that country are now flying in Canada.

Personally I have no problem if Canada pulls out of Intl treaties and agreements, many more Canadian will unfortunately have work visa revoked though and end up in Canada fighting for the jobs.