PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBMF Lanc Engine Fire
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2015, 14:51
BEagle

Received 273 Likes on 111 Posts
Gsxr600 wrote:
As a Vulcan supporter I'm personally only interested in jets.
When XH558 is finally grounded, I certainly won't be contributing any financial support for a single aeroplane museum in Doncaster, of all places.

I was thinking of contributing to the fund to keep Sea Vixen FAW2 XP924 flying. But after the uninspiring way FNHT supporters were treated by the Sea Vixen group last weekend, I'm not so sure. Of course we had a very enthusiastic presentation by the RNHF, who'd laid on an excellent day. But the 'Vixen briefing wasn't very good - the speaker mumbled into his microphone and didn't come across as someone who would inspire others to keep the 'Vixen aloft. He even said that he didn't know what his role was! When we were taken to the hangar to see the aircraft, it was roped off and no-one bothered to look after the visitors. At least there was an F-4 in the same hangar, but the RNHF's Sea Hawk was parked in the far corner of the hangar and no-one even mentioned it.....

If people expect public donations, they need to inspire and to be enthusiastic. Neither of which attributes were exhibited by the 'Vixen briefer. What a pity - and a great disappointment to all those who'd driven to Yeovilton especially to see the 'Vixen....

Last edited by BEagle; 18th May 2015 at 11:57.