Old 17th May 2015, 14:43
SAMPUBLIUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Please read the whole article

AND the Warrant at

http://aptn.ca/news/wp-content/uploa...lectronics.pdf

Case 5:15-mj-00154-ATB Document 1 Filed 04/17/15 Page 1 of 22

and also

Hacker told F.B.I. he made plane fly sideways after cracking entertainment system | APTN National NewsAPTN National News

and
Shortly after the incident with Roberts, Wired reported that the TSA and the F.B.I. issued a bulletin to airlines to be on the lookout for passengers showing signs they may be trying to hack into an airplane’s Wi-Fi or inflight entertainment system. Wired also reported that the U.S. Government Accountability Office issued a report warning that electronic systems on some planes may be vulnerable to hacking.

Roberts told the F.B.I. that he has discovered vulnerabilities in the inflight entertainment systems of Boeing 737-800, 737-900 and 757-200 aircraft along with Airbus A-320s.

Air Canada flies Airbus A-320 aircraft and WestJet flies Boeing 737-800 aircraft, according to the airlines’ websites.

According to Wired, Roberts has been issuing warnings about vulnerabilities in inflight entertainment systems for years.
1) he did hack the IFE in flight

2) That is a big NO NO

3) He claims no hack to change controls in flight but on a virtual simulator

4) His company got clobbered as a result

5) Even the GAO issued a warning

IMHO anyone who tells you their system cannot be hacked is living in a fools paradise. The question is how much damage/control can be done.

IMHO Absolute physical separation ( air gap ) AND EMP protection of critical systems is a must.

And for the non believers- even a fiber optics system/cable can be tapped/hacked. This was known over 20 years ago. AS was reading the output/screens of CRT display remotely via cheap electronic receivers. While CRTs have essentially disappeared and current screens **may** not be read remotely with no physical- video link- anyone care to bet ??