PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reports of A400 Crash, Saville, Spain
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2015, 12:12
ASRAAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reports of A400 Crash, Saville, Spain

Having read the vitriol directed at a number of posters on this thread so far I am somewhat worried about sticking my head above the parapet. The fact I feel like that is in itself a great pity.

Accidents occur in aviation and most of us have over the years been directly effected by such tragedies.

In days gone by there would always be a crew room discussion about potential causes and most of us would run through every conceivable eventuality. We would not wait for the board of inquiry before doing so.

Many different types of aircraft have commonality in the way their systems operate or even in the components used so any discussion about a problem on a particular type and the best way to deal with it inevitably has a read across and just might mitigate the outcome should something , however unlikely happen to someone else.

I therefore believe that it IS appropriate to discuss potential causes and possible reactions to any accident. Mainly because one day the ridiculous speculation on prune might turn out to be the unheard of problem that I now know the solution to.