PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Importance of a good Landing
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2015, 10:59
error_401

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the end it comes down to practice.

Changed type a couple months ago and still in the phase of alignment of my lower back to the regular touchdowns.

AVRO RJ after some 2'000 landings the touchdowns were within narrow margins on the touchdown marker, not firm, not soft but then this is a real pilots aircraft as far as landing is concerned.

E190 still getting used to the longer aircraft and different attitude but my landings are in general on speed and on touchdown zone on the normal firmness one would expect. Power off is important and needs experience as with all "mastering" of skills and has been said in the other posts on this thread.

This is my personal goal:
Develop the ability to get "consistent" landings in the touchdown zone on "normal" speeds not being hard nor soft with different landing masses.
Then advance to be able to land it with overspeeds up to 5 kts above VApp which is the SOP limits. (Normal and ice-speeds.)

I fly short and narrow runways as well as steep approaches and there the landing becomes important. Be on speed on centerline and on touchdown marker as often as possible on "ANY" landing to develop the eye - the skill - the seat of your pants feel and you will have a high probability to put it exactly where you want all the time.