PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 15th May 2015, 20:32
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coff,

What a bag of worms you may have opened here. Let me explain. There was an aerosol device issued for use down route, which was quite a small aerosol, which was operated by depressing the trigger, and departing rapidly. The trigger was locked open once operated by a lock, and it was known, as I'm sure AA62 will confirm as a "one shot". Basically because once it was triggered it couldn't be stopped. It's purpose was to de insectivise ????? The aircraft to meet customs regulations in various locations around the world. I was fortunate enough to find myself in control of a few of these on a family camping trip in Scotland, they worked.

With me so far ? So, I'm on a trip that gives us a rather attractive night stop in Bermuda, at the Grotto Beach, not the previous pink palace we used to use. A high class establishment which offered a bar in a sea cave, an opportunity to carry out most of the Before Flight inspection by binoculars (no honest I didn't) and individual rooms in thatched roofed basha's. Our loady, a most memorable lady C***s U**y, had managed to acquire a one shot for each of us, and, suggested that firing it in our room, before reporting for the first dark and stormy, would ensure that we would not be bothered by bugs overnight. I think we all followed her advice. And we're surprised at the number of thatch occupants that littered the room floors on our return, the surprise came with the screams from Mz U***'s room when the dying mass confronted her. It later transpired that she had been greedy and used 3 one shots for her room.

DDT ? Not sure what was in it Coff, it was very effective. I'm sure AA62 will know what it was. C***s U**y was a lot better looking than he was though. Anyone else remember her ?

Smudge