PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash on Bute today 9th August 2014
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2015, 19:25
xrayalpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest, I can't remember exactly whose aircraft was in the hangar at that time. I am trying to put that hangar fire behind us, and having only settled the insurance claim less than a year ago am only just succeeding!

It has no relevance I can see to present days, our neighbour Mr Mackenzie admitted to the police that he moved his disposable BBQ, which was the root of the fire, "for safety reasons" and is not an associate or friend of anyone at the airfield - then or now!

I was at Strathaven Airfield the day of the Bute incident and had the duty of breaking the news of the crash to the family, even before the emergency services were aware of people's identities.

I appreciate pprune is a rumour network, and no criticism of that, but this is one case where I don't think it appropriate for me to contribute.

I just found the Trumpton description odd and had to ask!

Last edited by xrayalpha; 15th May 2015 at 19:27. Reason: Edited to add ref to "aircraft in hangar" in 1st sentence to avoid confusion, the post I was replying to seemed to have gone.