PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilots 'buckling under unacceptable pressures'?
Old 15th May 2015, 18:46
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In mid 80's I was in selection for a DEP into an national airline that had already paid for my CPL training 10 years previously. In other words I had jumped through their selection hoops and they had paid for my CPL. The market collapsed and I entered their holding pool. Eventually I went my own way and then applied later on as DEP with 6500hrs under my belt. No matter; the physco babble brigade were in charge and I had to jump through new hoops. The whole group, 20+ pilots, were up in arms about the physco tests. To all of us the question/answer tests were BS. We were all tried & tested airline/helicopter/ex-military pilots. Half were rejected and I rejected the offer. It was astonishing. Utter utter BS as a selection process. The physco selection process guarantees nothing. I have read the published criteria for many national carriers on their application forms. It is gut wrenching manure. I've met many guys who were rejected and those who were selected. My mind boggled at the choices & rejections. If this was a declaration of physco testing success then it was surely a case of the nutters being in charge of the asylum.