PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilots 'buckling under unacceptable pressures'?
Old 15th May 2015, 18:32
Mr Angry from Purley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If guys were on here complaining about the pressures of the EU ruling on delays and compensation causing unacceptable pressures on Airline Pilots then i'd support it one hundred per cent.
From my dealings with EASA FTL for a UK AOC i'm of the view that rosters will improve as we loose the limits on early starts / nights / factorisation on sectors over 7hrs etc. The rules on early starts have always got in the way of a stable decent roster and you only have to look at other threads on roster disruption for support. OK operating 4 earlies is hard work but it's currently done by another UK AOC under FRMS approval and an Irish AOC under sub part Q as well as the rest of Europe.
I can't speak for other airlines but from what i've seem from the UK CAA and other AOC's a very mature view is being taken and AOC's are imposing either their own more restrictive limits and or Union agreements to manage EASA FTL.
It should be said that some aircrew are scrambling to do back to back this and that for 14 days on the bounce so that they can get 10 days off in a row.
Equivalent level of safety has to work both ways....