PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The backlash against foreign pilots explained to foreign pilots
Old 15th May 2015, 02:00
Left Coaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trey et al

I recall a conversation several years ago with a friend at Sunwing regarding the use of TFW at his place of employment, and he assured me, at the time, that it was only a temporary situation, and that within a year or so, they would be fully staffed by Canadian pilots. I suppose he believed the rhetoric from the top. I'm pretty sure you do as well. The regulator in Canada has time and again, broken it's own regulations (or the Law, but you prefer to challenge on a very small point, so you can have that little win.) The proof is easy to find. Follow the evidence in the CAR's and you will find it. (Mr Huddicourt has also been very generous with his evidence on this.) It's clear to many, but you find it easier to make your arguments for the program (TFW) based on the "it's not fair, we use less each year, and you guys are wrong because someone else did it first, and if we change we'll go out of business..." Strong argument? No... Sour grapes? Yes. When you can tell us that Sunwing will hire the needed crews and put 100% Canadian pilots to work, and open the seasonal Captain jobs rather than keep unemployed QUALIFIED pilots on the street, the shouting will stop. When Sunwing can play fairly, they will no doubt garner the respect they so crave as a good employer. Until then, the argument will continue, and the publicity will continue harming the staff who work hard and professionally. It's a shame that Sunwing staff are smeared by the bad smell caused by it's management. You'd best consider directing your argument in that direction rather than here and maybe you'd regain a little credibility. Incidentally, if I seem to be targeting Sunwing, how about you do this...replace Sunwing with the name of any aviation company who gets away with the lie that there are no qualified pilots, so we need TFW help. There...feel better?