PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 14th May 2015, 20:41
twentyyearstoolate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20 years. Under EASA you'll have a legal responsibility, so i'm afraid to say that Commuters do have to take responsibility e.g. if they drive 3hrs before and the contract says 90 mins you are required to make local arrangements.
What contract? There is no such thing in THY (as far as I'm aware) and neither in any other Airline I've worked for previous. Same as my layovers. What I do is my business. I could go on a 24 hour excursion and come to work absolutely exhausted, but I've had the "minimum rest".

Stop trying to justify these BS company regulations. I make sure I'm well rested before work, hence why I sign and accept the responsibility that I'm fit. I don't need a nanny to see I've had adequate rest and been in my room for the previous 12 hours. What is it with this industry? Full of idiots ruining the job and putting more and more pressures and responsibilities on crews, yet taking away all freedoms and decisions!

The 12 hours rule does make sense from a point of getting rest, but why the does it seem we are the only ones playing a game where we get adequate rest (and of course held accountable). The schedules these days are beyond ridiculous. I only wish the Airlines took a Pilots rest seriously. They don't...Period!! Safety is our number 1 priority (BS)... as long as it doesn't cost us money or resources!

Very easy solution. If you, the Airline, require me to be at the base 12 hours before for "safety", then you can put me "on the clock" and pay me for my time. If you're not willing to do that, then P.. Off and leave me to make my own decisions regarding my well being, safety and rest schedule!

It's a two way street...well, it should be anyway!