PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 14th May 2015, 12:09
oggers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TC
Have I missed something here. Apologies if I have mis-read Charlie16 and oggers posts but No-ONE - not the military , nor civvies teach double engine failure practice and this has been the case for ages. I was one of the last people to ever fly a double engine off to land in a Seaking in the 80's. And unless there has been a re-introduction since 2008 when I last flew civvy twins, the same applies to GA/commercial.
But but... I was always under the impression that when I heard the key words "Practice double engine failure...GO" I was training for, er, well, you tell me? Yes the training was simulated engine off (BZ for noticing that - rumour has it that the RAF have awarded medals for less).

Not practicing 'double engine failure in the Seaking to a landing with both engines actually off' is very far from supporting the statement that "virtually no training was undertaken for double engine failure". It is abundantly clear that lots of training was and still is undertaken. That was my point. Maybe the report will identify shortcomings there. We shall see.

Last edited by oggers; 14th May 2015 at 12:11. Reason: spellinmg