PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The backlash against foreign pilots explained to foreign pilots
Old 14th May 2015, 08:07
Gilles Hudicourt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Treykule, how do you know about TFW pilots at certain Canadian helicopter companies, about the number of TFW pilots they have ?

You know it from me, and the Access to Information Requests (ATIP) that I have made, obtained, and made public on several Forums to which you subscribe. Me, the same guy who attacks Sunwing for using close to 200 Foreign pilots every year for the past 4 years.
And you have the gall to criticize me for making a larger fuss over Sunwing than the Helicopter Operators.
The reason is that although some Helicopter Operators proportionally use more TFW pilots than Sunwing does, it remains that their numbers are relatively small.

In 2013, ESDC allowed 356 TFW pilots into Canada and 120 of those were Sunwing's, the balance spread among other Canadian Operators.
In 2014, ESDC allowed 218 TFW pilots into Canada and 110 of those were Sunwing's, the balance spread among other Canadian Operators.

The numbers do not reveal the full reality because in addition to the above numbers, Sunwing also Wet-Leased 4 foreign aircraft in 2013 and five in 2014, each one of which brought over a dozen foreign pilots into Canada.

And you want to know for whom change is not happening fast enough ? No me that has a steady job and a paycheck coming in every two weeks. Those that have fire to their feet are those Canadians that lost their jobs, who may also lose homes in the process, that are qualified B737 pilots and who don't understand why they should remain on EI, accept some low paying job or go into exile in China when Sunwing is hiring and has just applied for 105 TFW pilots for next winter, claiming as always, that it is to fill a so called labour shortage of pilots in Canada, as though those Type rated Canjet guys did not exist. Several of those Canjet pilots are ex Skyservice, ex Zoom etc....

Explain to them why they must wait on the sidelines and possibly lose their homes while Sunwing is allowed to slowly reduces its addiction to foreign pilots over several years. Why over several years ? Why not now ?

I think if we all knew your identity, your stance would become clear to all readers here. Your replies to any of my posts are to defend what Sunwing does and an attempt to always discredit me and always question my motives. I post under my real name. What could yours possibly reveal ?

Last edited by Gilles Hudicourt; 15th May 2015 at 02:44.