PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The backlash against foreign pilots explained to foreign pilots
Old 14th May 2015, 06:35
treykule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you asking a legitimate question?

Here is what I get from your post
The regulator in Canada refuses to follow their own Laws...the Government will only make small changes but continues to yell from their stump that it's under control...yet SW still has carte blanche to bring in TFW'S. Tell us how that's a change...I will believe you when NO foreign pilots take Canadian Pilot's jobs. In the meantime, if no one was to say anything, is it your belief that the process would go forward on it's own? That defies belief if you ask anyone with a reasonable amount of business sense. (The reciprocity or zero sum issue is a dead one...agreed?)

You have stated, what apparently you believe is fact that the regulator refuses to follow their own laws.....what is the basis for that claim, and think about your answer a bit before you simply regurgate the unsubstantiated ramblings of another poster.
SW...has carte blanche. Really? How do you actually know that?

A big part of the whole issue as far as TFWs in the aviation sector is not only the focus on Sunwing to almost the total exclusion of all other companies involved in the practice, but that a poster can come on here and make claim after claim, and as their claims are appealing to others, they become fact. It just aint so.

Throw enough mud against the wall, and eventually some will stick. But despite that attempt, not very much has stuck.

I try to be cautious about making claims like the regulator ignoring their own laws, (whatever that actually means). I find others, not so much. And yet others who have made claims that what SW was doing was blatently illegal..something those with a vested interest were all to willing to believe.

The use of TFWs as a part of a long term business model makes sense to me. It allows a company to grow with less risk exposure. Remain profitable, and ultimately provide employment for Many Canadians, not just pilots.
But it also means that if the model is successful it may necessarily impact on the competitors.
It is a great competitive strategy, then, to have someone demonstrate concern for all Canadian pilots as it supposedly will be broadly excepted as a grand battle for the rights of downtrodden Canadian pilots...and so many of them simply dont question the facts, or even consider them carefully.

If the trend of using TFWs is downward, the only issue I see is that the trend is not happening fast enough for some, and has SW eating their competitor's lunches. Besides, the TFW issue is about more than Air Transit's competitor, and even in just the aviation sector , more than that.

Maybe ask yourself why some people are putting so much focus on a specific company. In the grand scheme of things, there are some helicopter companies that, as a percentage of their pilots, are above the number of SunWings,
But some of the grand champions of the cause dont work for their competitors.

Sheeple is a good word.

My rant for the day, and now I will run for cover and leave it to the rest of you before the howling mob attacks...