PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2015, 20:29
Lima Juliet

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts
As I understand it, only 1x Vigi is flying and a 2nd is due to start soonish. I really can't see a full return to flight of the whole fleet 'soon'. Maybe a handful of the instructors getting current over the summer is more likely.

I further understand that the Vikings are going to be put out to various civilian glider mainenance organisations. Again, as far as I can understand it, it won't be 'soon'.

As for Wander00's question - a quick summary just wouldn't be possible as I understand it; lot's of issues accross the board! From what I do know (which I'm not willing to share), then OC 2 FTS and his Chf Eng made exactly the right call to take the 'pause' - although, 1 year later I think I would actually call it a 'grounding'!! If something had happened in the last couple of years then I suspect Mr Charles Haddon-Cave QC would have carried out his threat of the military being on its final warning and taken military aircraft airworthiness out of our hands. We would be reporting to a seperate regulator for the airworthiness of military aircraft and all that would entail...

In my view, XV230 was lost because of a systemic breach of the Military Covenant brought about by significant failures on the part of all those involved. This must not be allowed to happen again.
LJ

Last edited by Lima Juliet; 13th May 2015 at 20:39.