PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MA60 overshot at Fuzhou Airport
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2015, 14:56
shimin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi friends here.
According to the local news, yesterday CAAC made a special tele-meeting to warn the situation nationwide after the accident. The meeting made the briefing of the investigation on Joy Air flight JR1529. The reason for the accident is the series of unofficial operations made by the flight crew. The captain as instructor ignored the SOP and the copilot failed to stand the basic operation standard.
The descent rate was up to 1500 ft/m with landing load of 6g, the briefing said.
The cause of the incident mentioned in the briefing as follows:
  • Below flight idle when on 38ft, following the ground idle above 28ft thus produced the negative lift which was inhibited by the Flight Crew Operating Manual.
  • The captain as instructor ignored the warning and the copilot did meet the basic standard (I don’t understand what that mean).
CAAC also pointed out some relative issues in Joy Air managements as the following facts were observed:
Firstly the QAR decoding showed the fleet repeated such an unofficial operation, unlock of ground idle throttle in air.
Secondly the pilots in the fleet made many landings despite such a warning.
Thirdly, some items of FCOM conflicted with ones of regulations, which need to be solved.
I am unfamiliar totally with the operation of propeller-driven aircraft. Forgive me if some terms and/or concepts are wrong.