PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 13th May 2015, 09:46
Blakey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks

Sorry to interrupt the intellectual discussion but I just wanted to post a big thank you to November 4 for the video; it brought back some good memories. Strange to think that of the two crew members you see most, one became an Equerry to the Queen whilst the other spent time at her Majesty's Pleasure. That's probably part of the reason why the video has gained internet dust and I certainly haven't seen it for 20 years plus. My children have never seen it and will give them a good giggle so thanks.

As a light hearted reminisce Smudge was quite right about there being a "spare" so that the main aircraft wouldn't be sullied by flying before the competition itself. We spent nearly 2 weeks there with another week in Pope the month before. At the end of it all, as I recall it, Boggy had bought himself a bike and a set of golf clubs and suddenly had a pang of guilt on the penultimate day. He ought to buy his wife something - he came back from the BX proudly with a set of saucepans!

Regards,

Blakey

Last edited by Blakey; 13th May 2015 at 18:05. Reason: Spell Chocking