PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HeliTrak Collective Pull-Down for R-22
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2015, 21:31
Jelico

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Notice the web site shows features and benefits, but no mention of cons or price.
as does most advertising..

A lot of bashing here on something no one seems to know much about. I don't have tons of time in the 22 but fly them occasionally for maintenance or ferry. Recently had to fly a beta 2 from the bottom of the south island in New Zealand up to Auckland. Around 9 hrs cross country - I would have been glad to have something like this installed. I like to think I have quick reflexes but everyone knows how quickly the RRPM decays in a 22. Midway through a long day of boring cross country flying I am sure that having something help get the collective down quickly in an emergency would be a welcome addition and could probably save a few lives.

I have heard that it takes about 0.9 seconds for the RRPM to be unrecoverable after a power failure at high power settings in the 22, and about 1.0 seconds for the average human to react. that doesn't leave much of a margin to get the lever down....

I imagine that this would be completely pilot "over ridable" in a similar way to the governor is. I would be interested in seeing one in action for sure.