PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2015, 14:28
tws123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coaches

Good news about the coaches, but will 2 coaches be enough? 2 early morning arrivals at SEN could probably carry about 120 or so (with a single coach having capacity of say 60 pax), but there are currently around 468 morning departure seats on the 3 EZY flights (depending on the day). Of course this is just a guess and more information is needed on the type of coaches they plan to use, what route they will use (e.g. Liverpool Street Station > Stratford Station > SEN) and the timings.
It may well be that they decide to offer 4 return journeys in the morning, although most of the pax will be in one direction as who is realistically going to be catching a bus from SEN to Liverpool Street at 5 or 6am? Affectively they will have to shuttle an empty bus back to London in the mornings to pick up the next group of pax. I can't imagine this to be very cost effective, and therefore fares will probably be set quite high to compensate for this.

Still better than nothing and shows a bit of initiative by the airport. I reiterate that this is just my opinion with a bit of common sense mixed in, so if anyone can give more accurate details about this venture then please share and/or correct me.