PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2015, 14:26
Danny42C

A Funny Thing happened to me on my way to edit my Post #7006 last night.

I'd already had no end of trouble trying to tidy it up a bit (get the spacing right, delete one of the two "Cheers, Danny" etc), because the excerpt and pic from TeeEmm had become increasingly "touchy" if approached, and would vanish in a puff of cybersmoke if you ventured too close.

At last I gave it up and let it go as it was. Later, there came to mind another "Remark that gets you Expelled"....." from my own experience at 1580 Calibration Flight, RAF Cholaveram, early '45.

Quoth one of our AGs in the Mess one lunchtime: "Bloody Pilots run their tanks dry, and I get dysentery !!" * To which the massed ranks of TWLOTA riposted: "We'll have you thrown out of the Union !"

* (well he might, if we were 40 miles out over a shark-infested Indian Ocean. But no sweat, select another full tank and the VV would always pick up again after a short time and a bit of wobble-pump).

Now I put this in as an EDIT at the end, and it went off OK (I swear it did ! - I saw it). Today it's gone. ???. Should I have said "Bl##dy", perhaps ? (I thought we'd got past that a while ago with "Pygmalion"). Any ideas, anybody ?

D.