PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reports of A400 Crash, Saville, Spain
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2015, 11:18
BigFrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spanish reaction to air accidents

Apart from the tragic loss of life, one [though only one] of the most striking element of this accident from the point of view of non-professionals resident in Spain, was the rhetoric of the Spanish government.

Everyone from PM Rajoy down stressed the vital importance of a thorough, reliable, rapid and open investigation with the results of this investigation to be published. And, though this was not stated explicitly, these results to be acted on.

For those of us obliged by geography to rely on Spanish actions in aviation matters, the words ring very hollow indeed in the light of the continued Spanish refusal to acknowledge, still less act upon the recommendations of the Irish Air Accident investigation into the fatal accident in Cork a few years ago where the failures of the Spanish authorities to control companies and pilots under their jurisdiction was central to the deaths involved.

Sadly for my own personal safety outlook at least, I for one am far more inclined to believe actual continued historical Spanish lethargy above Spanish political rhetoric.

(I would have much preferred to post this on the main boards rather than on the frankly obscure "Military aviation aircrew" boards, ¡ but the main boards have been locked on this topic !)

Last edited by BigFrank; 12th May 2015 at 11:20. Reason: Spelling