PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disturbing Dream...
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2015, 10:34
Heebicka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks to me you are mixing spiral dive with spin.

Spiral is not the stall, in spin neither wing is stalled, low AoA and high IAS.
Usuall spin = wing inside turn is stalled. This mostlikely happen in your dream.

To the "easa syllabus" i did my PPL in EASA land recently, even both spin and spirals were not in syllabus, I did it with my instructor. simple on requests.

For spins I got option: you can do syllabus "avoiding spin situations" with C150/172 or we can take aerobatics rated plane (Z-142), aerobatics rated FI and you will do real spins with real recovery, but it will cost you slightly more. (around 30gbp per hour) so end up doing almost two hours real spins and real recovery. It started I was scared out of **** after first demonstration, I said something "I am not sure I can do this, but let me try at least once" but at the end I enjoyed this as nothing else, did controled things like two and half rotation and looking forward to do this again just for "memory recovery"
Last but not least, I had this lesson when my total air time was below 5 hours, so I was not even able to land a cessna

if you do this, go for it!

For spiral dives, you can try these in VFR condition pretty safely in cessna like planes (I don't fly anything else) get at least 2000 agl, level up plane in cruise speed and start turning left (15' angle max) do just roll turn, ignore pitch. Nose will drop a bit, plane will starts to gain a speed, turning radius will get smaller and smaller, couple of turns you will definitelly feel something like 2G pushing you into seat. When speedo hits yellow, level up plane. reduce throttle to lost the speed...
(again, did this with my PPL FI during "unusual recoveries" chapter..)