PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - East Coast QLD
Thread: East Coast QLD
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2015, 07:08
Mach E Avelli

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts
Pilot boy, no one was lecturing you about how you need to do the hard yards, anymore than anyone was lecturing you about the non-existence of frozen licences. On Pprune it is usual for threads to get 'hijacked' and generally drift off subject. In these recurring 'help me find a job' threads there is usually some good advice to be had from people who, for all you know, may actually have some background in the recruiting process.
But seeing as you only want info and not career advice, here is what I know about West Wing.
They generally want 2000 hours and 500 multi. But you already know that because you can visit a website just as easily as I can, hey? They sometimes make exceptions - again on their website. So far I have told you nothing you did not know.
What I do know from talking to people working there:
They pay at least the Award, better if they value you.
They appear to be financially secure (but as with all aviation, who really knows?).
They do all required training, with no short cuts.
Their aircraft are reliable, but well worn with some very high time airframes in the fleet.
They don't expect you to fly without proper fuel reserves, do not overload or bust duty limits, but they do operate right to the max on all counts.
They do carry defects, and sometimes several, just like most GA operators.
They meet contract requirements with their customers.
But herein lies the rub.
If you want a start, you will start in Mt ISA and wait your turn for a coastal base. This can take quite a long time. They don't want to piss off those already on the waiting list for a move.