PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CB IR
Thread: CB IR
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2015, 05:50
lasseb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Licensing system is in such chaos right now that only a very few qualified pilots, I would guess no more than 1%, really know what the privileges of their licences and ratings permit them to do.
That must be because the UK CAA insists on republishing and changing a lot of rules (LASORS), and making there own ratings (IMC rating). Not sure if that has become any easier with EASA rules.

For the rest of us in other countries I don't really see any problem. Most here in scandinavia has no issues with the new rules and regulations, and we are perfectly capable of figuring out what ratings and license we have, and how to add stuff to the license.

As to the CBIR it is not that hard to figure out what is needed and what is not. As previously stated you need a pre-entry assessment at an ATO, and they decide how many hours you need to fly to get the IR rating and how many hours they will credit you, regardless of any previous IFR experience.
I have had the first couple of PPL's through the CBIR course without any problems, and with credit for prev IFR flying.