PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fuji Aircraft
Thread: Fuji Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2003, 15:16
Circuit Basher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fly a group-owned Fuji FA200-160 out of Perth - they are a nice well-built aircraft that has the structural strength for aeros - our group don't aerobat ours, so I don't know the list of what it can / can't do. The 160 is a tad underpowered and struggles a bit to get off when fully loaded. Ours has a fixed prop.

Given the structural strength, it is very heavy and glides like a brick. A PFL is more or less point the nose at the deck to keep up flying speed and remember to flare

Good points are - nice comfy cabin, good visibility (other than below!), stable in the cruise, excellent roll / yaw response.

Poor points are - little prop-to-ground clearance, heavy (will not take 4 adults + full fuel), poor brakes. On the brakes, it has very small pads / discs and in our group a set of pads have been known to wear out in 50 hrs. Pads are specific to the Fuji and cost around £400 a set. There is an approved mod to fit C150 brakes (costs £1200-£1500 to implement) and a set of pads are then around £40 (ISTR).

Overall, if someone wanted a Fuji as an interesting plane that they could sling around the sky and get pleasure from flying, I'd recommend it. As a group / club aircraft, I think it would finish up being too expensive to operate. Whichever way, I'd recommend the brakes mod (we are just waiting the mod kit for ours!).

Picture of KARI

PM (tell me you've sent it as I don't check PMs very often) / email me if you want any more info.