PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 12th May 2015, 04:34
twentyyearstoolate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding the salary increase: I received an email from one of the recruitment agencies stating there was a 20% increase in Salary. I replied saying I worked here and this was a lie and was basically fraudulent. Here was the reply

Thank you for the your email.

We are engaged by Turkish Airlines to advertise current terms for their open roles on offer. As of the 7th April 2015 we were informed by the airline that the salaries would be increased by the amount stated as below. We were also informed this would take immediate effect.

This is not mis-leading nor is this fraudulent.

A few pilots I previously placed with THY have been in contact informing me that they did not receive an increase in their latest salary over this weekend so I have been in contact with THY to advise this. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation in any case.

I recommend for you to follow up with the airline directly pertaining to the salary increase.

The "reasonable explanation" would be very interesting to hear!!

If this is true then THY has basically lied to th
e recruitment agencies. There was no extra pay rise at all. I was told by one of the locals that they accounted for 80 hours per month which gives you 10 hours overtime, and used that figure to promote a pay rise.
For those considering coming here, please do your homework as there is no increase in salary at all. With this recent "smoke and mirrors" campaign, the THY management have proved they will deceive and stretch the truth (at best) to make the job sound more appealing. IMO this makes things far worse.

Unfortunately this is the way the Turkish think. It's normal in their culture to "try it on" when it comes to money, however, they haven't realised yet that this is not the way most other cultures work.