PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilots 'buckling under unacceptable pressures'?
Old 11th May 2015, 20:40
Skyjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clunk1001, I warmly welcome you to join in on my hours of work, its pattern and limitations so you could assess for yourself in an unbiased way just why many pilots find themselves complaining about the issues at hand.

Unfortunately, the same regulator allowing us to do those hours at the times indicated and defined by our rosters, prohibit non-airline personnel from experiencing those issues for the fear of security incidents.

Thus alas, I can merely ask you to pretend, unaffected by the imposition of poor air quality etc, to try and mimic our daily routine to see how well you'd cope, at a desk rather than a flight deck, with such procedures limiting your movements and access to facilities in resemblance to ours. Then at various intervals of this day, try a test, CBT based, to assess your performance in sudden short bursts, mentally and physically.

I think allowing you to do so not for a day but a few days in a row would allow your opinion to be changed.