PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Connecting Flights
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2015, 18:39
FlyingGoggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connecting Flights

I'm sorry, this has probably been answered before, but you guys know more about aviation than me and my friends and family, and I have a question, probably a stupid one.

Next month, I'm flying LHR to EWR with United (never flown with them so don't know what to expect) and then EWR to BOS with Republic, under the United Express banner.

I'm flying alone for the first time ever, and I'm going to the States on a J1 exchange visa, which needs to be stamped at my point of entry, I believe. I'm guessing this is Newark?

I've never done a connecting flight before - can some nice person explain how it all works, what I need to do, and how the visa thing works - do I have to check in again and clear security etc?

Someone, please give me the idiot's guide to connecting flights! I'm a nervous flyer (totally irrational, I know!) whose main issue is giving up control - my visa sponsor has booked all the flights etc so I'm way out of my comfort zone already, without this new experience of making a connection being in the mix.