PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilots 'buckling under unacceptable pressures'?
Old 11th May 2015, 17:06
Deep and fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JF, have a lot of respect with regard to your knowledge re aircraft etc but I don't agree with your last post. Bosses are manipulating the labour market and getting bonuses based on varied indicators that they in most cases probably set for themselves.
Now if I propose that if I manage to drink four beers tonight I have meet my target then get a bonus. In the corporate entity it is just as easy(excuse the pun). Find an expense, be that labour mx airport fee and browbeat, negotiate threaten until you get the lowest price(think a certain large supermarket chain and milk farmers) then you'll start to get the idea.

There is a continuos and unhealthy redistribution of wealth and the corporate world is hell bent on screwing everybody to the floorboards for a extra quid and a excel spreadsheet that ensures the next new merc, house, holiday villa(delete as appropriate).
Now I'm no lefty red robbo type but the middle class provide the tax income for the masses. The top earning bods provide no real drip down of wealth. It was a falsehood dreamed up in America to prevent the governments taxing the out of them that got imported here. A bit like burgers and obesity.
So, you may ask, what has this to do with fatigue and flight hours. Well just like a junkie, the ceo coo cfo will be looking for the next bonus driven target and for crew, this means we nowhere near the thick end of the wedge.

Me, I'm going nowhere near a company that will almost certainly finish me off before retirement and sorry we all can't be a super human as you must be.