PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2015, 16:55
bristolflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jobs and ADP are a bit of a red herring to me. The vast majority of BRS traffic on EZY and FR is pleasure, save for perhaps Edinburgh and Glasgow with the strong connection with very large HBOS and RBS offices in Bristol. Aside from that I can't see how sunshine and stag routes support jobs in either Wales or the West Country. The old CO service did have more business traffic, but there was still more pleasure than business. One of the problems CO faced was that whilst economy was often close to full, business class rarely was. Therefore yield wasn't great. To make these services work the airline needs people flying up front in solid numbers. I don't understand why APD isn't removed for every regional airport and simply reserved for LHR. That's where airlines are prepared to pay a premium to operate. Removing it regionally would be a driver of growth, especially in the North. If Osbourne is serious about his economic powerhouse proposal this would be an excellent demonstration of intent.