PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Check your pay statements
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2015, 06:12
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Check your pay statements

How often do you attempt to decipher your pay statements? It seems since CarrillionAmey took over much of the back office functions for raising housing charges, all sorts of problems have appeared. We were trying to reverse a garage charge and this led to me being billed for three garages. A friend at Shrivenham managed to get a furnished SFA charge reversed and he was then charged retrospectively for 4 garages, and the 'system' then started charging him for 'overseas fuel and light', but I suppose Shrivenahm is on a different planet!

An attaché friend of mine lives in a rent and utilities free residence (part of the package for us types) and he, too, has started to be billed for 'Overseas Fuel and Light'. And these are not trivial amounts. In the case of Shrivenham, my friend will be getting back over £3000 in his next pay packet; what I find frustrating is that it is so, so difficult to get the charges reversed, and it can take months. Furthermore, PSFs (in my case the Global Admin Unit, Glasgow) generally don't have the experience or knowledge to deal with the issues.

My advice: check, check, check your payslips!