PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircrew Outbrief
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2015, 22:18
Romeo Oscar Golf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes....thats what I would have thought Basil.
In my day, and yes I know its a complete irrelevence to the 21st Century RAF, we briefed every sortie. If it was a self authorised singleton sortie we briefed each other (not unlike your outbrief) If not self authorised a full brief was given which included aircraft allocation and location, fuel and weapon load, bingo fuel, weather en route and recovery, route details including all relevant notams, speed and heights to fly, weapon and range procedure, diversions and emergencies, frequencies, squawk, photo/simulated target brief, and recovery brief.
If there were more than one aircraft all crew plus authorising officer assembled for the brief which included all the above plus formation tactics, callsigns, lost leader etc
I may have missed some items out due to advanced age and too much scotch but you get the gist.
This does not neccessarily apply to the single seat mates, where I suspect the modern outbrief could be more applicable.
As far as personal stats, currencies etc. we were treated as adults and were expected to ensure we were suitably current. However if such "admin" details are included in an outbrief it seems quite sensible to me
Finally you only left your maps or gloves or checklist behind once!!! A buccaneer formation didn't suffer fools!.