PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 10th May 2015, 20:25
Kirks gusset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an " OFF DAY" can include minimum rest ( although SHT OPS states otherwise) it is worth being back the day before a flight if commuting.. a " duty day" can start with a roster change to an early start and you could be left with your trousers down if not careful.. without doubt, it is the pilot whom is responsible for ensuring he/she is properly rested and " fit for duty" .. I have seen some guys literally hanging in the seat after the planned 8 hour day becomes a 14/15 hour stint..
Regarding the medical report and having to come to office if sick.. complete nonsense.. on-line reporting system in place,as posted an acknowledgement of report received is sent to your inbox..I believe Turkish law requires the SGK payments to be adjusted for sick days.
Required to fly "off day" is you say NO that's the end of it..they just call someone else.
Regarding people leaving in droves? not sure where this rumour comes from..maybe on the A320 fleet, seen no hard evidence of this on the Boeing fleets..but numbers are comparative, its a big airline.
The " real issue" is the training times, most LTI and TRI are working flat out and still guys are taking months to get through line sectors. Some FO groups that joined December have less than 20 hrs training to date.. as an example..
Having said that, sitting at home on full salary, whilst boring, can be lucrative! One FO I spoke with did 3 hours in April, that works out to 4000 lira an Hour.. more than my lawyers