PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A slightly perplexing....
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2015, 17:22
Rossian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A slightly perplexing....

problem. I'm sure there's someone here who KNOWS - there usually is.

I have a small TV in each of 2 bedrooms,the kitchen and this study. They are all fed by a "splitter type box" downstairs which is connected to an external aerial.

This AM we bought a new small flat screen TV with built in Freeview for one room upstairs (if we like it we'll do the same in the other bedroom.)
The TV in here is an LG about 5 years old. The TV in the kitchen is a Grundig about 7 years old.

When setting up the new TV all the main channels were OK, but the other odd channels (ITV3 Dave Pick etc) were all pixilated and the sound was crap.
Radio4 was OK too.
I came down here and checked through all the channels on the LG and they were all OK.
I checked in the kitchen on the Grundig and all the main channels are OK but the minor ones have the same crap problem as upstairs with the addition that Radio4 says "this channel is not available" WTF?

I've taken them through the autotune process twice with no change.

The aerial is common, the splitter box is common it has (I think) to be something on the TVs - but what? And how can I fix it? Granted that I don't watch the shopping channels OR Gay Rabbit Chat so I won't miss them but the fact that I can't sort it - niggles. I used to be good at fault finding. Sigh.

Anyone got any ideas?

The Ancient Mariner