PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Victor K2 very low with drogues winched out. Where was this photo taken?
Old 10th May 2015, 17:11
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
Courtney Mil wrote:
My wife's got a pendant.
From Wikipedia:
The word pendant from Old French word "pendre" and the Latin word "pendere", both of which translate to "to hang down".

Perhaps you might wish to rephrase your post, Courtney me old, to avoid any misunderstandings - or expensive repercussions?

Re. ASI, my favourite tale (which might be apocryphal) involved the cattle grids on the aerodrome roads, intended to prevent the wild donkeys from wandering across the runway. Allegedly one of the brighter donkeys watched the grids being built, then went off to do some calculations..... Not long after the concrete had set hard and the grids were firmly in place, a small herd of donkeys appeared. The leader strolled up to the grid and lay down next to it, with legs pointing away from it. Then rolled over until his legs were on the other side, got up and wandered off towards the runway - it seems that the semi-circumference of an ASI donkey's fuselage was slightly greater than the width of the grid!

Last edited by BEagle; 26th Jun 2015 at 15:59.