PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I right to worry about an airline that does not carry enough fuel to hold?
Old 10th May 2015, 16:26
paull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I right to worry about an airline that does not carry enough fuel to hold?

Won't say who but a UK to Nice flight was diverted to MRS after a GoAround for 'fog' before refueling and returning to Nice.

They were the only flight not to land, made much of the fact that they had the equipment but the airport did not, but am I right to worry about the fact that they did not carry sufficient fuel to do a quick turn over the sea and land like everyone else?

It is easy to say 'it was fog' but in 30 years of flying in and out of Nice it is the only airline I have ever not had a second attempt. They have now done this twice (last time high-winds that seemed to stop no-one else).

It was a 2 hour delay, we were lucky, last time the waited on the ground in MRS and only after an hour, decide to bus us back to Nice, yes you guessed it, the bus came from Nice so that the returning passengers could get the flight so the delay was more that 6 hours.

Should I organise a collection for extra fuel before departure next time - actually it was probably because they were running late.