PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines THY working conditions - worse than announced?
Old 10th May 2015, 15:46
mapaydin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XOXO

Hi There,

1- Yes. As per new procedure you should be here and resting in Istanbul before your duty starts. This affects Turkish pilots more than expats since they don't have commuting contract and live in the cities such as Antalya, Izmir, Ankara...

2- Nope... Totally incorrect... You just have to send your sick report via email and see the doctor when you are back to make sure that you are ok. It happened to me and got the acceptance confirmation of my sick report via e-mail within an hour...

3- Its also incorrect. The system is automated... You don't speak with anyone.. Once company has received your report, they upload it to the Online Sick Report System of National Social Security Department. They do have access to that database. Within 7 working days you get your payment via Ziraat Bank with your National ID which is starting with 9 for expats. However, you cannot get full refund since flying allowance is not counted towards this scheme and also tax exempted.

4- You never get only IST-ATH-IST flight... (unless you are so lucky) The duty is way more than that.

5- Pretty much correct

6- Definitely correct

7- Incorrect... I haven't seen so much of people leaving. Only few because they find a job close to their home..

8- Correct.. But they do not defend Turkish Pilot problem either Its a union on paper collecting money from their members... Nothing more...

9- Incorrect.. Just a rumour.

10- Incorrect... They call you whether you accept or not... However no pressure is felt.. Even you can ask extra days off for this favor and they accept. But procedural wise, they have the authority to change your flight with 24 hours notice...

I hope this answers all the questions...