PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2015, 12:12
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NW

I think it pretty safe to assume that numerous attempts at Emergency Access were made, or not bothered with due indications in the cabin.

Clearly there are good reasons for the systems that are in place, but, as they highlight, such procedures inevitably introduce an element of compromise and risk.
Agree, when you run through the scenario toe door was designed for - a well equipped determined team in the cabin seeking access to the Flt Deck. The Flt Crew are having to deal with the situation, divert, ATC / Security agencies are going bananas launching fighters - they need a simple drill to at least ensure Flt Deck access will not be achieved.

I am not as confident as some the scenario is now "dead in the water", and the Pax will solve the issue and "take out the terrorists". A low pax load and a well rehearsed team - and the baddies want the aircraft as a weapon, and are not worried about the pax numbers they take with them.

The BEA and authorities various will have to balance the security and political risks and decide if there will be changes. My personal guess is they will not - nobody will want to be the ones that allow the next 9/11 - but I could well be wrong. They took no notice of the suicide risk prior GW, despite it being clear... there will just be a supposed tightening up of medicals and hope it does not happen again