PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Highest earning occupations - Pilot not amongst them.
Old 10th May 2015, 11:17
cattletruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My optometrist whom I've been seeing for 30 years is awesome. Old school in every way, extremely knowledgeable, and has consistently addressed my needs at a very high level. He's retired now and passed the business on to his son but still works the odd few days a week. The business has changed a lot, gone are beautifully crafted frames replaced with cheap variants (he still lets me use the frames of glasses that he sold me over a decade ago because the quality of them still stands), gone are the traditional eye testing methods replaced with a black box computer system that only does an average job. Gone is the art of hand grinding lenses replaced with precast mass produced lenses that have sizes like shoes.

Blood testing has gone down the same path with kits replacing expert analysis. Sounds familiar?

Because there is and always will be someone willing to do the job for less.
Not quite, the accountants are always trying to find someone who can do the job for less, they're the ones with whom the final decision rests.

It's only real estate agents and bankers that are making the big money these days, significantly more money than those holding more important positions.