PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The backlash against foreign pilots explained to foreign pilots
Old 10th May 2015, 09:18
treykule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No point in posting that Jetgate. This is all about SunWings and only marginally about TFWs.

In noting the history of TFWs, Mr Hudicourt conveniently left out his company's role in bringing TFWs to Canada before Sunwings. Sunwings just played the game better and so now he is championing the rights of Canadian pilots....which is why Sunwings name appears so frequently.

Their business model is progressing well, and they are hiring more Canadian pilots every year.. Something Hudicourt and gang dont really consider.

Sunwings seems to have a pretty good business model that employs Canadian pilots and many many others. That is a good thing. Could they employ more? Probably, but give them a few years to accomplish it.
The whole TFW issue with regard to airlines is , in my opinion, nothing but a smokescreen by a competitor.
Where was Mr Hudicourt and company when Sunwings objected to Canjet and......Air Transit using TFWs?
But when Sunwings bellied up to the table and played the game, the crying, wailing, and complaining of the unfairness of it all started.
The rationale is Sunwings should hire all Canadian pilots. If they go broke as a result and lay off thousands....well good old AirTransit will step in and help out.....you can count on it.

Don't get me wrong. I think there is a real issue with TFWs in Canada, and in the aviation sector, particularily the RW side, as well.
But this whole centering out Sunwings, and the derogatory remarks and slurs about them are not about TFW as much as they are about trying to use the sheeple to fight a competitor.

Last edited by treykule; 10th May 2015 at 09:30.