PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES PROFIT SHARING ?
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2015, 06:14
Steve the Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK probably settled on a significant profit share payout because they are desperate to 'encourage' their crew to stay, and attract new pilots with hopes of a viable career.
That is exactly what happened here in the early 90's. Profit share was introduced in lieu of a pay rise and, well, we all know what's happened since. I can almost guarantee that EK management is distributing profit share only because they need to: we should be under no illusion that altruism is involved. Perhaps the converse is true here in CX, particularly with respect to the pilot workforce. Pilots are still joining, few are leaving and so it could be argued that there is no problem. I don't necessarily subscribe to that point of view but it's hard to argue otherwise given the facts.

To those young enough and unencumbered by familial ties, be they inherent or acquired, then leaving is an option. However, should EK be the airline of choice, or any ME airline for that matter, you should thoroughly research the pros and cons before heading off. To those who do choose to leave, I hope it's for the right reasons and I wish you well.

STP