PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C210 down in Broome town
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2015, 03:49
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please O Great Wise One, pray now tell me what you would do if you discovered at that point an electrical systems was dead. Would you reselect it back to the live system at that HIGH power setting?
Although I'm not wise, I have enough knowledge to know that magneto checks have nothing to do with "electrical systems".

I realise your (rather odd) obsession with trying to find anything and everything wrong in my short posts about complex subjects skews your thinking, so I realise you made an inadvertant mistake in what you typed. What you meant to ask was would I select the good magneto back to on, having discovered that the magneto I am on is "dead".

Those who are willing to learn and have learned will know that the very complicated procedure on discovery that a mag to which you've switched is "dead" is to:

(1) pull the mixture to idle cut off; and
(2) select the good mag, or both, if it was working on both; and
(3) return the mixture to its previous settings.

Last time I did it, the wings dropped off (of course).

Disturbingly, I'm not sure whether this is taught adequately as part of the standard "rough running" checks people are trained to do when they are forced to do an in-flight mag check.

My post was in response to someone who suggested an in-flight mag check is something that shouldn't be done at all as a normal procedure.
I'm guessing with your past history of gear and flap switch cockups you might just do that.
What fascinates me is the apparent correlation between the ppruners who appear to believe they've never made a mistake and the ppruners who come across as complete idiots. Not sure (yet) whether it is, in fact, causation rather than correlation.

Let's make it rule that only those who've never made a mistake while aviating get to post on pprune. Deal?