PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilots 'buckling under unacceptable pressures'?
Old 8th May 2015, 23:02
ILS27LEFT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is worse than cancer

I genuinely believe that this form of degenerated capitalism is the worst cancer, a hidden disease which is costing billions; this illness is caused by rapidly deteriorating working conditions, it is however self inflicted, human beings acting as "bonus seekers"=Senior Managers have no "feelings" for other human beings, all done in the name of profit, targets and greed.
The only way to stop this suicidal trend is the re-introduction of Unions and strict legislation to protect workers' rights. Unfortunately we went from one extreme to another in the last few decades.
I used to be the strongest opponent of communism principles and the most loyal defender of the capitalism principles.
Unfortunately I am now convinced that Governments and Unions are the only potential effective "controllers" of a capitalistic system which is quickly degenerating in a new form of mass slavery in perfect McDonald's style. We will all be victim of this system, soon or later, and if it will not be us directly it will be our kids and our grand-children.
We therefore must stop this trend as soon as possible and the Internet can seriously help us.
I know that the Unions have been under serious attack for decades and many workers see them as their worst enemy (incredible), I am not sure how corporations managed to achieve this so successfully, but I am now convinced that without some sort of "working conditions" control large Companies will end up slaving the entire planet.
The solution will never come from within the large Corporations, they are merely profit making machines, Senior Managers are selected to reduce costs, increase profit and squeeze workforce as much as possible or relocate to cheaper countries. This means the solution can be found only outside corporations: Unions and Governments can help if we are united. Common sense has been lost for now.

Last edited by ILS27LEFT; 8th May 2015 at 23:10. Reason: correction