PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilots 'buckling under unacceptable pressures'?
Old 8th May 2015, 13:38
Airmann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working for an airline used to be a dream job, today is basically a modern form of slavery. Unfortunately the entire system, not only the airline industry, is designed to maximise profits at all costs, the well-being of human beings is ignored. Large Companies are managed by "bonus seekers" paid to maximise profit by brainwashing their workforce and convince all, including themselves, that a constant improvement is achievable, so constant reduction of costs is the main target.
Results is that modern workers are very often getting squeezed to the limit, modern employees are working longer hours then previous generations, jobs satisfaction is degrading and the vast majority of modern workers is over stretched, stressed and exhausted. Very common for workers, because expected, to check emails during holiday and late at night or week-end.
This is the result of massive corporative brainwashing: expecting workers not to take a lunch break or join a Union is now very common.
I am seriously worried about the mental health of this society and I am especially concerned about the future working life of my kids.
This trend must be stopped. How?
Yes, Karl Marx predicted this in the mid 1800s