PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline pilots 'buckling under unacceptable pressures'?
Old 8th May 2015, 12:32
space pig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those who have started 30-35 years ago, and after several bankruptcies have ended up at the LOCO Airlines will probably agree with me that it is not like it used to be.

flying 4 legs a day with 25 min turnarounds in challenging weather with inexperienced cadets is taking a big toll on the body- and is a huge responsibillity too, on your shoulders all together...
Not even mentioning the endless commuting as you are not based where your family lives..

The Young chaps on the right hand seat have no clue about that as they think this is the norm, that is ,the way the LOCO's work.

What they fail to realize is that those who join as a cadet at lets say 20 years, will never retire at 65 in the same LOCO airline, as they wille either passed away before-who can survive 40.000 hrs on a airliner in 45 years with 25 minute turnarounds-!!
or ....have moved to greener pastures...

Yep you are right, if you want you are free to go, in fact I think about it daily, like many of the colleges I speak to but 'the escape' needs to be done with minimal impact on the family and allthough being rich has nothing to do with money-there must be some Financial follow up after the airline career.

But buckle up? No way. until the day I retire I will continu to absorp the stresses and pressures allthough I very well know that it is at my own health's expense.