PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 8th May 2015, 11:21
what-to-do

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too Much,

An Emirates FO has accommodation thrown in (unless he/she opts out), and with flight pay takes home a little over 30,000 AED. As I mentioned previously, their basic is much higher than an FZ FO.

An FO at FZ would take home 42,000 AED after 85 hours. Not everyone achieves 85 hours in a month. Subtract from that the housing allowance and the two salaries are comparable.

However, as i understand it, Emirates pilots don't pay cooling fees or DEWA, which can actually be quite high, especially in the summer. In addition, they do not have to deal with unscrupulous landlords, ever.

Whether you want to fly a 737 on multiple sectors or a 777/ A380 on a long single sector is for the individual to decide.

Unfortunately, the proof is in the pudding. As I am aware, not one Emirates pilot has made the walk from the other side of the the airport. I'm happy to be corrected on this but the facts appear to speak for themselves. In contrast, a number of FZ pilots have crossed over to Emirates.......