PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C210 down in Broome town
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2015, 10:49
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10dF LOP

I presume that means 10 degrees lean of peak. The C210 flight manual recommends 25 degrees rich of peak, and peak EGT, as options only.
Yes 10dF LOP is correct, and do you understand why the POH recommends what it says? I can assure you that NOBODY can comply with the POH in your mind….NOBODY. Have a think how absurd your statement is.What if through the mixture control you can only set 26 or 24 degrees ROP? That is not complying in your mind.

The POH suggests those numbers to achieve certain book performance values, and I can guarantee if you set the leanest on peak, the richest will be way more than 25dF ROP. And if you get the mid range cylinder at 25, some will be 20 LOP and some 75 ROP. How do you propose to deal with that?

Insert a set of GAMI's and you will do far better, but seriously, the POH gives examples which are just one of an almost infinite number of combinations that will be just fine. The problem is nobody has ever educated you to see the rest of the forest for the one tree right in font of you. It's not your fault, and I do not blame you. Its the system that has failed you.

If you sat in front of a engine monitor after having seen what a fully instrumented dyno can show you, you would have a far better understanding of what the POH actually is telling you.

Anything else is not approved, and test pilot territory. Unless you self insure of course.
That there is simply not true. legendary old wives tale stuff.

I am willing to help you, but you need to contact me somehow.