PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FR in tailwheel airplane
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2015, 14:48
aabreu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FR in tailwheel airplane

I'm in Toledo Ohio USA.
I have a pilot that needs a flight review.
However, my airplane has a tail wheel and he doesn't have a tailwheel endorsement.
Can I still give him his flight review in this airplane?

The way I read it.. this pilot may be rated single engine land, but he's not allowed to be PIC of a taildragger.. even in the air.
I'm thinking that I can't give him a flight review in my airplane, even if I am PIC during TO and Landings.

FAR 61.56:
61.56-c-1 Accomplished a flight review given in an aircraft for which that pilot is rated by an authorized instructor and

However:

61.31h-(h) Additional aircraft type-specific training. No person may serve as pilot in command of an aircraft that the Administrator has determined requires aircraft type-specific training unless that person has—
(2) Received a logbook endorsement from an authorized instructor who has found the person proficient in the operation of the aircraft and its systems.
(i) Additional training required for operating tailwheel airplanes. (1) Except as provided in paragraph (i)(2) of this section, no person may act as pilot in command of a tailwheel airplane unless that person has received and logged flight training from an authorized instructor in a tailwheel airplane and received an endorsement in the person's logbook from an authorized instructor who found the person proficient in the operation of a tailwheel airplane. The flight training must include at least the following maneuvers and procedures:
(i) Normal and crosswind takeoffs and landings;
(ii) Wheel landings (unless the manufacturer has recommended against such landings); and
(iii) Go-around procedures.

Thanks
Andy Abreu