PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mr Skidmore Letter on Part 61 - Don’t Mention the Cost!
Old 7th May 2015, 11:32
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
I walked into a Government Office

I had to go into the Regulators office the other day. I had some licencing and transfer documentation I had to attend to.

I was greeted at the front and directed to my appointment exactly on time. The place had a bit of a buzz about it. Much like you might find in Private Enterprise. The forms were all so easy to fill out. I had a couple of potentially difficult questions. The two staff at the counter were obviously very knowledgeable about the rules and regulations and addressed them succinctly. Very obliging as well. The whole well informed, clearly understood requirements made such a good impression on me. As I exited the building after my seamless experience somewhat ahead of schedule, I turned and went back in side. It was quicker, less painful than I anticipated, and somewhat cheaper than I feared. I thought I must pass on my sincere appreciation. I go in there regularly, and it always operates in such a manner. The staff were very happy to receive my positive feedback. In fact they had the Area Manager in the building and I got the opportunity to thank him, and in fact I followed the whole process up with a letter. How could they all be so happy and efficient. Constantly dealing with licences, safety, rules, regulations, maintenance etc. Yuck!

Anyway I am so sorry to tie up an Aviation forum but I just wanted to pass on my congratulations, thanks and sincere respect to VICROADS. Cheers